By Linda Matthews
At our November meeting we wrote and sent “thank you cards” to Veterans. Our speaker, Ron, is a Vietnam veteran who spoke about his experience in Vietnam. It was very interesting and informative. Thank you for your service.
It was followed by a delicious lunch that was chaired by Gloria Kwityn and her wonderful volunteers. Thank you, Gloria, it was great lunch!
Hope many can attend our meeting on January 13th. Our speaker will be Jay Patel from Silverton Pharmacy in Toms River.
Our February 10th meeting will have speakers from Children’s Specialized Hospital in Toms River. At this meeting we will be accepting your donations of gifts to give to the children. If you can donate some suggestions are coloring books and crayons, puzzles with handles, large piece floor puzzles, play dough, jumbo playing cards, play food, Mr. Potato Head, and games such as Jenga; we would appreciate it.
Our fundraiser event for the high school scholarship, that we give every year, will feature comedian and musician Denny More, on Sat. April 18,2020. There will be more information to follow in a future newsletter.
If you know of any member that is ill, suffering a loss or is celebrating a happy occasion, please contact Bunny Kedves at 732-255-0165.
Happy New Year! May the year 2020 be a happy and healthy year for all!
This month :
* The executive board meeting will be on January 8,2020 at 11:15 a.m.
* The General meeting will be on January 13,2020 at 1:00 p.m.
* The executive board meeting will be on February 5,2020 at 11:15 p.m.
*The General meeting will be on February 10, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Save the dates:
* March 10, 2020- “High Tea” at 1:00 p.m. at the clubhouse and open to the public
* April 18, 2020- “Comedian and musician Denny Moore” at the clubhouse
* June 8, 2020- “52nd Birthday Luncheon and Installation” at 1:00 p.m. at the Clarion Hotel.
* August 1, 2020- “Gift Auction and Ice Cream Social” at 12:00 p.m. at the clubhouse